Hi everyone! Guess what day it is? MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I am currently either sleeping, recovering from last night, or eating cake. Yesterday however, I decided to go for a 2.7 mile run (for 27 years, get it?) to commemorate my new age! It was a nice start to my birthday festivities, and gave me a bit of time to reflect on the last year. I’ve accomplished so much since turning 26 and I can’t wait to see what 27 will bring! When I was 26 I:
- Ran my first half marathon!!!!!!
- Moved to Alaska!
- Drove 4,300 miles across 2 countries
- Snuck into Acadia National Park during the government shutdown
- Went dogsledding on a glacier (more on that soon!)
- Ran my first and only mud run
- Learned to kayak
- Hiked Cadillac Mountain and Mt. Marathon, two amazingly epic hikes I never thought I’d do
- Ran my fastest 5k ever
- Bought my first car using my own credit (word to all the independent ladies with good credit out there!)
- Learned how to run in the snow
- And finally, started this blog and met all of you fabulous people!
I know that year #27 is going to be even better, and I can’t wait to share it with all of you! Love you all!
What’s your favorite type of birthday cake? What is your biggest accomplishment in the last year?