Now that Labor Day and my anniversary are over, it’s time to focus on my health and running goals again. Last summer I realized I wanted to lose weight for the wedding, so I began doing kickboxing workouts and running. In 3 months I lost 7 pounds, got toned, and realized that running was actually fun. By May, I got down to my goal weight for the wedding and was really happy with my hard work. And then we landed in Anchorage on our honeymoon and I immediately began eating like crap. Everyone kept saying things like “Order the dessert! It’s your honeymoon!” and I wasn’t going to say no! Then we came back home and I discovered that Sonic had half-priced milkshakes after 8 pm. And then it was too hot to run. And then we were too lazy to cook, so we ate out a lot. And here I am, 3 months later, with a 7 pound weight gain and a lot of training to do before I’m back in shape. Total opposite of last summer!
I was getting really down about it, until I started reading other blogs and noticed that not only do a lot of you have the same problem, but you’re also making September goals to get yourselves back on track. I can acknowledge that I got off track this summer, but guess what: IT’S FALL! A whole new season filled with better workout weather and fun exercise opportunities. And lots of pumpkin flavored desserts, so I’ll have to work out twice as hard! So here are my 5 goals for September:
1. Don’t gain any more weight. It would be nice to lose some, but progress takes time 🙂
2. Workout at least 5 times a week. Running, kickboxing, hiking, kayaking – whatever, just as long as I’m working up a sweat.
3. Eat out only once per week. And because I’ll be cooking at home more, I will buy less processed food and eat more fruits and veggies. For some Wednesday Wisdom on this goal, check out this link to learn how to read a nutrition facts label correctly. I’m pretty confused when it comes to this stuff, but I’m learning!
4. Find a healthy (and delicious!) pumpkin bread recipe that I won’t feel guilty eating.
5. Read 2 books. I need a fun goal too!
What are your goals for September? Any pumpkin recipes you’d like to share?