Hi everyone! It’s been a week since my sad post, and since then things have been looking up! I’m so happy to be out of my blah mood and back to normal. Life in Alaska is much better when you’re in the mood to hike and run again! Since I had such a long list of bad things last week, I’ve decided to make another list dedicated to all the awesome things going on in my life right now:
- Nutella. I eat it out of the jar with a spoon when I’m craving chocolate. Does anyone else do that?
- Taking long, lazy float raft trips down the Kenai River with an apricot beer in hand and perfect warm weather. I could get used to this!
- Actually sticking to my goals that I made last week! Coffee, you have no power over me…
- My parents sending me treats from their vacation to Ocean City, Maryland. These are my favorite things to eat at the beach and my parents know it. They’re the best!
- The fact that I only work 2 days this week because of my upcoming half marathon. Running is much better than working!
- My new TOMS sailboat shoes that Andrew got me for my birthday! I wear them as much as possible! Here I am wearing them while hanging out on an old sailboat near the Salmon Bake.
- I saw a breeching humpback whale yesterday while taking a tour with our company. No pictures because I feel like an iPhone can’t even capture that kind of thing. But oh my god, it was amazing!!!!
- Low key hiking to beautiful lakes we didn’t know existed. Oh how I love Alaska!
- Having fabulous friends who always put me in a good mood. My husband is included in this as well :)
I think the fact that I changed my mindset on my half marathon has helped me totally turn my mood around this week. Of course I’m nervous – when am I not nervous about a race? – but I will get through it and make it as fun as possible. I’ve also started working on my resume and looking for jobs so I’m feeling a bit better about the future. Plus the weather was perfect for my days off and that’s always a plus! Today should be my last run before the race and I’m curious to see how it goes. I’m hoping for an easy, uneventful few miles to get me excited about the race. Wish me luck!
What fun things are putting you in a good mood this week? How do you like to eat Nutella?