Hi everyone! I’d like to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving! I can’t believe it’s already here – this year totally flew by. I’ve got a busy day today: sleep in, bake a cheesecake, run the Skinny Raven Turkey Trot at 11:00 am (the sun rises so late here!), come back for a quick shower, do final dinner prep, EAT ALL THE THINGS while watching the Eagles game, movie date with Andrew, and then putting up our Christmas tree! It’s going to be different celebrating Thanksgiving without our families, but it’s going to be nice to not have to drive hours from house to house to see everyone. I kind of like how relaxing it’s going to be, and the fact that I’m not going to have to pretend to like anyone’s cooking – we’re making all our favorite dishes and they’re going to awesome! Anyways, here is the last round of thing that I am thankful for right now!
1. 4 day weekend!!!!!!
2. The fact that our tree and ornaments are sitting next to the sofa just waiting to be put up tomorrow night. Hey, 8:00 pm AST is midnight on the east coast so technically I’m waiting until Thanksgiving is over!
3. We got a teeny tiny minuscule amount of snow this week! It’s so light that it didn’t even stay on our cars, just the frozen ground. But it started when I was out for a run and running in lightly falling snow was AWESOME!
4. On that note, I’m thankful for my studded shoes! At bib pickup for my Turkey Trot tomorrow they advised wearing them since the roads are rebelling against the snowless weather and are being a frozen mess. No PRs will happen for me tomorrow, but that’s okay!
5. For Runner’s World for writing this article detailing exactly how many miles I need to run to burn off tomorrow’s meal. I’m now wishing my Turkey Trot was a half marathon instead of a 5k. Oh well.
6. My mom, who was texting me all day yesterday about the snow they’re getting back home (more than here!) and Christmas music. I’m definitely going to miss blasting Michael Buble Christmas music with her tomorrow!
7. Skype! My parents are going to take a virtual tour of our apartment tomorrow!
8. My crockpot. That’s how we’re making our turkey this year and I am so excited!
9. Black Friday sales that I can do in my pjs. I’m going to buy #alltherunningthings online while they’re on sale!
10. Alaska, for being the best home ever and for being more and more beautiful every day.
In closing, I leave you all with the greatest Thanksgiving song of all time (and maybe the only Thanksgiving song?). You should probably watch the whole thing, the mashed potato rap part at the end is cray 🙂 Have a happy Thanksgiving and make sure to eat tons of food after those turkey trots!
What are your Thanksgiving plans? What are you thankful for this year?